Chandigarh : Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad Panjab University Chandigarh unit has submitted memorandum to DSW regarding the problems of PU hostels.
Unit President Rajat Puri and Unit Secretary Krishna Chowdhary issued a joint statement saying that today students in the hostels of Panjab University are longing for their basic facilities. The administration seems to be running away from its responsibility to provide basic facilities to the students in the hostels.
Whether it is talked about the WiFi facility in the hostel, the students are not getting the WiFi facility in any of the hostels. There is already a problem of network in hostels and due to non-working of WiFi, students are facing a lot of problems in doing their online studies and the administration is not taking any care in this direction.
At the same time, ABVP has informed the administration about the gym equipment and the dilapidated condition of the gym which have been lying in the hostels for a long time.
ABVP karykartas have put various problems of hostels in front of the administration through a memorandum which is as follows:
1. Facility to pay hostel mess fee through online medium should be provided.
2. Wi-Fi facility should be provided to all the students.
3. The dilapidated condition of the gyms of all the hostels should be improved and new equipment should be provided for the students in the gym.
4. Sports facilities should be strengthened in all hostels.
5. The number of washing machines should be increased in all hostels.
6. The dilapidated condition of the toilets in the hostels should be improved and repaired.
ABVP warns the university administration that if appropriate steps are not taken to solve these problems soon in the interests of the students, then in the coming times ABVP will not hesitate to launch a fierce agitation by mobilizing common students against the administration.