The Syndicate of the Panjab University at its meeting held here today :
(i) Dr. Rajeev K. Puri, Associate Professor, Nuclear Physics, on his having been inducted in the International Board of Editors of the Georgian Electronic Scientific Journal: Physics, a peer reviewed journal of Physics Research;
(ii) the University sportspersons for having secured first position in the All India Inter-University Competitions in Badminton, Lawn-Tennis, Judo: Men & Women and second position in Football, Cycling & Rowing;
(iii) the Panjab University for wining first prize in Debate, Semi Classical Vocal, Rangoli, Western Vocal Solo, second prize in Skit and 3rd prize in Classical Vocal in the 25th Inter-University National Youth Festival held at Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak; and
(iv) the Horticulture Section of Panjab University for winning following 8 prizes in Flower Show in the Rose Festival held from 26th to 28th February:
1. Professor R.C. Paul Rose Garden – 2nd Best Garden in Tricity;
2. 1st Prize in Dahlia in Potted Plants Category
3. 2nd Prize in Stocks in Potted Plant Category
4. Two-2nd Prizes in Dahlia in Potted Plants Category
5. 2nd Prize in Antirrihinum in Potted Plant Category
6. 2nd Prize in Gerbera Single in Cut Flower Category
7. 2nd Prize in Rose Floribunda in Cut Flower Category.
2. Approved grant of permanent affiliation to Dasmesh Girls College, Chak Alla Baksh, Mukerian, District Hoshiarpur, in the subjects of Economics, Punjabi, Hindi, History, Mathematics and Political Science.
3. Adopted UGC letter dated 5.2.2010 with regard to following revised guidelines for the scheme of appointment/honorarium of Guest/Part-time teachers.
4. Declared vacant the post held by Dr. Rakesh Dhar, Junior Instrumentation Officer, Central Instrumentation Laboratory, Panjab University, under Regulation 11.9 at page 120 of P.U. Calendar, Volume I, 2007, as he had failed to resume his duty in spite of letter issued to him.
5. Approved proposal of U.T. Administration for opening of E-Sampark Centre in Panjab University Campus, Sector 14 and Panjab University South Campus, Sector 25.
6. Approved execution of MoUs between Panjab University and –
(i) Sanative Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd., Hyderband and Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh.
(ii) Division of Entomology, Indian Council of Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
7. Approved grant of an additional chance to clear compartment/re-appears and for improvement in all courses and the candidates have to appear in their respective examination according to the latest syllabi. If possible, the examinations would be held in April/May 2010 or in September/October 2010.
8. Approved the award if degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) to the following candidates:
|1. Mr. Abbas Abbasi||11. Ms. Nav Jyoti|
|2. Mr. Sanjeev Kumar||12. Mr. Sawarn Singh|
|3. Mr. Dilbag Singh||13. Mr. Sangram Singh|
|4. Mr. Nongmeikapam Inaoba Singh||14. Ms. Seema Kumari|
|5. Mr. Vishwas Tripathi||15. Ms. Suman Bala|
|6. Mr. Navneet Kaur||16. Ms. Srishty Sharma|
|7. Ms. Meenakshi||17. Ms. Neerja|
|8. Mr. Harvinder Singh||18. Ms. Pooja Sohal|
|9. Mr. Nega Berhane||19. Mr. Ashok Kumar|
|10. Mr. Parviz Nikbin|