Chandigarh : The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad started a indefinite strike on March 8 to open the Panjab University campus. But when the PU administration ignored the ABVP strike and ignored the demands of ABVP students, today the ABVP varsity team staged a huge protest in front of the VC office. The PU administration held a meeting with the ABVP delegation in view of the demonstration. There was a meeting chaired by DUI V R Sinha in which Chief Security Officer, DSW SK Tomar, DSW Women Professor Sukhbir Kaur, and SVC Professor Devendra Kumar, and wardens of almost all the hostels were present on behalf of the PU administration. The meeting accepted some of the demands of ABVP which are as follows
1.AC Joshi Library will be open from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm which was earlier open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Students can get the book issue in their department library and can solve any academicsproblem by going to the department and sharing it with their professor.
- Now the canteen of Boys Hostel No. 6 and Girls Hostel No. 2 has been opened.
- Girls hostels will be open till 12:00 pm in respect of academics which were earlier open till 10:00 pm.
- Students who are staying in hostels and come back to their home,and then go to hostels will not have to submit corona report again and again.
- It will be decided to open hostels for the students of BDS department who have been called by the university, in view of the circumstances of covid-19 in the next meeting.
The DSW and PU administration have assured the ABVP that they will call the final semester students according to the covid-19 situation as soon as possible, keeping in mind the circumstances.
ABVP PU president Paras Ratan says that while analyzing the circumstances of covid-19 and being associated with a responsible organization, we have just postponed the picket but as soon as the university is not fully opened then Will sit on strike again.
ABVP ikai mantri Rishika Raj says that the PU administration has accepted some of our demands but if the university is not opened in the upcoming meeting then the PU administration is inviting a big demonstration.